- 4 Cornish hens, butterflied
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pepper and salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) apricot jam [look for allergen-free brand]
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Rub oil and pepper and salt all over hens.
- Sear the birds on both sides over medium-high heat in a large grill pan (or saute pan). Remove to a baking sheet.
- For the glaze, heat jam and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer
- Brush half the glaze over hens. Roast in oven 12-15 minutes continuing to brush with glaze every 3 minutes.
- When juices of a bird run clear (prick with a small knife, remove from oven.
- Rest hens for a few minutes, and serve whole or halved.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here.