Free of: gluten and all top allergens except optional mustard
- 2 large beets, peeled, cut into bite-size wedges
- 2 tbsp + 3/4 cup (175 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional, look for allergen-free brand)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 heads Belgian endive
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In a small mixing bowl, toss beets with 2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Spread beets on a baking sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together cider vinegar, honey, shallot and mustard (if using). Add 3/4 cup of olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk until well-combined.
- Remove core from endive; separate spears. Cut beets into small wedges.
- On a platter, set out a layer of endive , and top with beets and apples.
- Dress lightly and vinaigrette and serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here.