- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- 4 cups (950 mL) chicken stock
- 2 cups (475 mL) red quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple cider vinegar
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Dice squash. In a bowl, combine with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast 18-20 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
- In a medium pan, bring stock to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook 12-15 minutes until stock is absorbed. Fluff, remove to a bowl.
- Add roasted squash to the bowl, along with parsley, oil and vinegar. Toss to combine, and serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here.