Living at university can seem daunting for special-diet students. But the good news is that – from searchable online menus to free-from zones – colleges are starting to get with the allergy-friendly program.
1. Allergic Living’s Charts:
These charts compare food and residence accommodations at 32 U.S. colleges, and show you the allergy issues to consider. See Comparing Colleges Chart.
For Canadian university students, see Comparing Universities Chart – Canada
2. Allergy & College Checklists, Articles of Interest:
- Off to College, with Food Allergies and Celiac Disease – Find out how life is becoming much better for food-allergic students in this in-depth Allergic Living special report.
- Know Your Food Allergy Rights at College
- College To-Do Checklist: From online dining guides to dorm room policies.
- Lesley University Decision: A Pivotal Victory for Allergy and Celiac Accommodations at College
- Dating and Allergies 101: How to broach the allergy topic, right from Date No. 1.
- Starting College – Wisdom from an Allergy Mom: Writer Nicole Smith on the learning curve in finding a safe college experience
3. Other Top Food Allergy College Resources: