Glazed Sugar Cookies: Drizzling Option
Shown below is a light and delicious glaze created for my Glazed Sugar Cookies, from the Winter 2016 edition of Allergic Living magazine. The simple glaze can also add a punch of sweet flavor and color to many of your other favorite baked goodies, too, from bars to cookies to sweet loaves.
Below, I show you how to drizzle, rather than ice cookies, with the glaze. To view this in real time, don’t miss Drizzle, The Movie, at the bottom of this post.
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp canned unsweetened coconut milk (or other diary-free) milk beverage
- Gluten-free natural food coloring (I used India Tree)
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and coconut milk in a small bowl and stir or whisk until smooth.
- Add food coloring of your choice.
- For drizzling over cooled cookies on a cooling rack, fill a tablespoon with enough glaze that it drips freely. Then, in a continuous motion, drizzle from one side of the cookie to the other, creating nice lines of glaze.
- If you prefer the option of a smooth glaze rather than drizzle, simply coat the cooled cookies with spoonfuls of glaze. Allow the excess to drip over the edges.
Drizzle, The Movie