Allergy-Friendly Halloween Candy and Resources 2016
The Teal Pumpkin Project
Our friends at FARE are encouraging everyone to raise awareness of food allergies by painting your pumpkins teal (the color of food allergy awareness) and handing out non-food treats for trick-or-treaters to ensure everyone has a safe and allergy-friendly Halloween.
- Learn all about the program and how you can take part and support the project here.
- Download a copy of FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project posters, pumpkin stencils, signs, stickers and more here.
- Meet Becky Basalone, the woman who started the teal concept on her Tennessee porch.
- Allergy-friendly Halloween candy list.
- Food-free toys and treats ideas.
- Party ideas for kids and teens with food allergies.
Halloween Costumes and Crafts
- DIY teal witch and wizard costume-making instructions.
- From 3D paper pumpkins to spooky foam spiders and glowing mummy jars, try our amazing new Halloween crafts.
Painting the Towns Teal
- FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project Map allows any family shelling out food-free treats to add their home address to the custom map below. Click here to add your home address to the list.
Articles and Parenting Advice
- Allergic Living columnist Gina Clowes’ advice for safe trick-or-treating at different ages.
- An allergy-mom’s close call: The Year the Great Pumpkin Almost Blew It.
- Halloween treating and labeling by Food Allergy Canada’s Laurie Harada.