U.S. College Directory: Comparing Food Allergy & GF Policies-North Dakota
For the complete directory of states and colleges, click here.
North Dakota State College of Science
- Doctor’s note with medical documentation required for accommodations?
If a request is based on a disability, then yes, requires medical documentation.
- Paperwork filed with disabilities office required for accommodations?
All students with special dietary concerns asked to complete the accessibility services form. The Accessibility Coordinator determines if the student’s allergy/dietary need rises to the point of a disability. Then AC discusses with team whether that student’s case is a legally mandated accommodation or a courtesy accommodation. This information is then given to the student.
- Food allergy fair or similar event at start of year?
- Dietitian or dining services staff available for a meeting before applying?
Yes. AllerTrain-certified Food Manager is onsite to meet with students.
- Is ingredient or allergen information onsite/online?
Not at this time.
- Dining staff trained regularly on food allergy, celiac disease, cross-contact?
Training has begun and will be ongoing monthly as well as using various other methods to communicate-posters, newsletters, etc.
- Pre-made allergy-friendly meals available?
Yes, prepared by AllerTrain-certified dining staff.
- Ingredient substitutions available?
- Separate utensils and separate area in kitchen for
food allergy/celiac orders?
- All dining halls able to accommodate allergies, gluten-free diet?
- All retail sites able to accommodate allergies, gluten-free diet?
- Area on housing form to indicate food allergies/celiac disease?
Not at this time, but will research to determine the best method to include this on our housing application.
- Resident Assistants trained on allergic reactions, auto-injector administration?
Residential Life staff are trained in protocol to respond to medical emergencies. Specific allergen-response training will be available to Residential Life staff beginning Fall 2017.
- On-campus residence required in first year?
Yes, however student can request a waiver of this policy due to special circumstance.
- Meal plans required if in on-campus housing?
Yes, however can request a waiver of this policy due to a disability.
- Possible to group food allergy students as roommates?
- Microwaves/mini-fridge allowed in rooms?
- Room with kitchenette available, even if freshman?