U.S. Colleges Directory: Comparing Food Allergy & GF Policies–Kansas
For the complete directory of states and colleges, click here.
Wichita State University
- Doctor’s note with medical documentation required for accommodations?
- Paperwork filed with disabilities office required for accommodations?
- Food allergy fair or similar event at start of year?
- Dietitian or dining services staff available for a meeting before applying?
- Is ingredient or allergen information onsite/online?
Yes; BITE app or https://wsudining.sodexomyway.com/health/allergy.html
- Dining staff trained regularly on food allergy, celiac disease, cross-contact?
- Pre-made allergy-friendly meals available?
Yes, Simple Servings, free of 7 top allergens and gluten.
- Ingredient substitutions available?
- Separate utensils and separate area in kitchen for
food allergy/celiac orders?
- All dining halls able to accommodate allergies, gluten-free diet?
- All retail sites able to accommodate allergies, gluten-free diet?
- Area on housing form to indicate food allergies/celiac disease?
- Resident Assistants trained on allergic reactions, auto-injector administration?
- On-campus residence required in first year?
- Meal plans required if in on-campus housing?
- Possible to group food allergy students as roommates?
No, but can self-select if aware of potential roommate.
- Microwaves/mini-fridge allowed in rooms?
- Room with kitchenette available, even if freshman?