The task of selecting a restaurant when you’ve got multiple food allergies can be a difficult process, especially considering all the factors – taste, portions and atmosphere – that go into a great meal. But that has been made all that much easier for food-allergic individuals with the help of certain tools.
AllergyEats is a popular website and app that lets users rate over 850,000 restaurants across the United States based on their allergy-friendliness.
The leading guide to allergy-friendly restaurants has just released their top 10 chains to dine at, marking the first time a fast-food chain, In-N-Out Burger, has earned a spot in the list.
“These restaurants have demonstrated a superior willingness and ability to accommodate guests with food allergies. We applaud their commitment and their exemplary efforts around food allergy protocols, education, and training, and we congratulate them for earning a place on this prestigious list,” said Paul Antico, founder and CEO of AllergyEats.
The father of five, three of whom have food allergies, said he was particularly pleased to see a variety – from Mexican, Italian, American, seafood, sandwiches, pizza, fast food and casual dining – of establishments on this year’s list. Take a look for yourself:
- Maggiano’s Little Italy (4.80 rating)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (4.36 rating)
- Mellow Mushroom (4.33 rating)
- In-N-Out Burger (4.28 rating)
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (4.20 rating)
- Burtons Grill (4.80 rating)
- Legal Sea Foods (4.70 rating)
- Flatbread Company (4.68 rating)
- Rainforest Cafe (4.67 rating)
- Not Your Average Joe’s (4.56 rating)
Some of these restaurants have been reviewed and featured on Allergic Living.