In a difficult story, the Colorado teen’s friends call for better communication of what to do in a severe allergic reaction.
Oakley Debbs, 11, died of anaphylaxis after consuming nut-containing cake.
“It does actually allow us to know that we are doing good in our daughter’s name, and that carries her memory on”
It was slumber a party meant to celebrate th end of summer and beginning of the eight grade. But things took a tragic turn that night of August 2015 when Annie LeGere, who had environmental allergies but no known food allergies, went into anaphylaxis. Her friends called 911 and a police officer was on the scene when her mom, Shelly, arrived at… Read more »
New students at Queen’s University this year will be the first to attend under comprehensive campus guidelines aimed at helping reduce the risks of anaphylaxis.
Looking back over 2013, it was a roller coaster of a year for the food allergy and celiac communities.
Thirteen-year-old Natalie Giorgi was camping with a group of families in Sacramento, California on July 27, 2013 when she ate a single bite of a Rice Krispies square. The peanut-allergic teen thought it tasted “funny”, and spat it out. The taste turned out to be peanut butter. At first Natalie didn’t show any symptoms and… Read more »
The shocking deaths of two teens provide clues to what goes wrong in fatal food allergy reactions. [From the Summer 2006 edition of Allergic Living.] WHEN news surfaced that 15-year-old Christina Desforges of Saguenay, Quebec, had died of what appeared to be an anaphylactic reaction to a kiss from a boyfriend who had eaten a… Read more »
Young man who died of anaphylaxis had been embarrassed about multiple food allergies.