You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Newbie to the forums
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:53 am 

Hi all, my name is Brenda and I live in Virgina. I have always had some allergies but alot were undiscovered until I became an adult and realized they existed and they weren't "just me".

I am currently doing an elimination diet that has revealed issues with milk, eggs and soy so far. I have several other foods that I haven't Challenged just yet so we shall see!

My children and husband also have allergy issues too so I am hoping to find this forum invaluable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:37 pm 

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you've found us. I know you will find lots of support and info here.

It's funny - I've often wished I could inhabit my kids' bodies for just 24 hours to know what they are feeling health-wise and whether it is "normal" - just to make sure that they aren't suffering or anything. I know of a little girl with lots of allergy-related health-problems, and it wasn't until she was about 9 years old that the problems were truly diagnosed. And for the first time in her life she realized that eating didn't have to hurt... :(

Anyway, I guess it would also be nice to be able to inhabit an entirely healthy body to know whether what we are feeling is normal! And to not think it's "just us".

Best of luck with the elimination diet and challenges!

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:55 am 

Welcome to the forum. :D My oldest is allergic to Milk.

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.