Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: new here
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:24 pm 

hello, new here.

i had a food allergy tests in may 08 cus i had been having lots of illneses and symptoms which the docs were trying to blame on panic attacks, ibs abd the fact that im overweight.
these symptoms i lived with at some point every single day for the last few yrs. usually within half hour of eating or within 4 hrs. but sometimes it has been the next day.

here are a few.

asthma, tickly mouth and throat, sore throat. bloating, weight gain 6 pounds or more in one day. fainting, very dizzy, itchy, rash on back like goose bumps. foggy head, cant concentrate. feel like heart beating too fast, excessive sweating, feels sore under the skin, like bruised vomiting.diarreah. bad tiredness that comes on suddenly and i have to sleep and the list goes on.

my doctor was so againstallergies or intolernces that i had a vega method test done. i was aware of the stigma against it. but it was all i could afford since the doctor would not do a test.

the test came up with sensitivities to pineapple, dairy, lactose and coke.

iimmediately cut out these things and within a few days i was symptomless and i have lost over a stone in weight since the test.

if i eat any of the foods i feel ill again soon after.

well a few weeks ago after living totally off these foods, i started to feel weird again and finally pinned it down to almonds. i was eatin a few for snacks each day since the test. and also its in a lot of dairy free cakes etc.

i had a retest done two weeks ago and decided not to mention about the almonds and all the original foods were there and this time also almonds came up on the test. i had not eaten it for about a month and a half b4 the test.

now im reacting to something else i have eaten today, but cant figure out what it is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:47 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
my doctor was so againstallergies or intolernces

I'm not sure where you live but I owuld suggest finding a Dr who will refer you to qualified medical professionals who can do testing to determine what foods you should be avoiding.

Restricted diets can be unhealthy. To remove a food unnecessarily based on flawed testing while not examining the real cause of your symptoms can be dangerous.

Good luck finding a Dr who will work with you.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb