You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: New here!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:01 pm 

Hi! I'm so happy I came across this site, i've been at a loss of what to do when my daughter starts to eat solid foods. She has anaphylactic contact allergies to eggs, beef, dairy, peanuts and nuts. Hopefully she will grow out of them, she is only 10 months old, but for the meantime, I need to find recipies and some adivce on how to deal with it. Hopefully there will be no new allergies, we've been told not to introduce anything new to her for a long while, especially seafood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hi and welcome!

That seems like a daunting list but...you can manage it!
There are lots of meats out there other than beef and there are options to dairy and eggs.

Check out the recipe section here.

If there's something you're looking for...just ask. :)

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:45 am 

Cauger, WELCOME :D

I suggest keeping a list of what you do find that is safe for your daughter to eat. I've kept one the past year and a half and it has come in handly. So many times I would 'think' I'd remember where we found something (or the exact brand) but as I'm sure you have realized there is just so much info. on your brain it is hard to keep track of everything.
Good luck and I KNOW you will get speedy, great, helpful responses and support to any shopping, parenting...........info, advice, support you need on this forum.

= - )

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

Post subject: New here too
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:27 am 

Hi Cauger..

I'm new to this forum too, although I have been living the allergy lifestyle for about 3 years now. My 2 year old is anaphylactic to milk, eggs, and peanuts. Her contact allergies are so severe that a drop of dry milk on my clothes will cause her to break out in hives if she touches me. It's not easy when you have a child with so many allergies, but it's not impossible. There is a lot of support from allergy aware people.

I am a member of the Halifax Area Anaphylaxis Group and I've recently set up our web site (www.halifaxaag.com). It has an extensive list of allergy friendly recipe sites, as well as tools and resources for families living with anaphylaxis. Please check it out and feel free to download whatever you want. The group's main objective is to function as a support network, not just for those in Halifax, but across the country via the web.

And if you want any additional recipes or a recipe you cannot find on the site, just drop me a line. I collect all sorts of recipes from other moms with allergic children. I might have something that could work for your little one.

Noha

http://www.allergymom.ca