You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Newbie!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:00 am 

Hey everyone!! I found this website just tonight, and am so happy to find it!! My son is 3.5 years old with allergies to peanuts, fish, shellfish, eggs, kiwis, cats. He was diagnosed at 10 months of age, and has lost allergies to all other nuts, bananas, strawberries, milk (was an intolerance), dogs. He also has reacted to penicillan, but we haven't been able to have him tested for that since the allergy testing stuff isn't available right now, there is a new supplier who is supposed to get it out in the next year or so. Needless to say, he hasn't touched penicillan since the reaction!!
The first thing I felt after reading the first few posts was RELIEF!!! I am not the only one out there who has/had problems with various people in our lives, and have gotten some excellent tips on how to handle people and what they say.
Anyways I just wanted to say hi, and to find out if there are any others from Saskatchewan here, especially Saskatoon??

Dana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:25 am 

Hello dana. I am from Prince Albert. Our family seems to be travelling to saskatoon a lot these days. We had allergy tests on tuesday, and I seem to come a lot when I need milk free margarine and soy cheese. I have found some really good products at "Dads organics" and "steepfill food co-op". Most of the foods I travel in for are milk-free, and luckily that one does not effect you.

I told my allergist on tuesday ( Dr. Persaud ) that I try not to focus on what we can not eat, but on what we can. We do have a very limited food selection, but I have managed to learn to cook numerous healthy safe foods. He wants me to be more adventurous and try turkey. He has had only 3 kids with chicken allergy in his days (one of them being my daughter ), all of them allergic to eggs as well. One of the others was allergic to ALL birds, and the other only to chicken. So my daughter could be allergic to all other birds or no others, it just does not sound like a fun time trying new bird meat. He said that he would try it in his office, but that means yet another trip, and with winter coming, I do would rather just wait until spring.