You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:17 pm 

I have been doing really well, since I last posted. My face had cleared up, my sniffing stopped. This morning, BHAM!!! Red, itchy face, excema on my chest (which is really usual for me), itchy eyes, sniffy nose, burning skin. I have been really careful on what I have been eating, so I don't think it's a food reaction. It's been warm here, and the snow is melting, so maybe it's snow mould? I'm just wondering if any other locals have noticed a difference this week.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Could be pollen http://www.theweathernetwork.com/pollenfx/poyxd
Could be snow mold.

Sounds awful!

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 pm 

PrairieGal I so know how you feel I do live in the area and have been going crazy for about the last ??week??. My eyes are so bad when I wake at night they are stuck shut because of the allergies. (Have since started on two types of drops, and ointment to sleep) by morning they are also very puffy looks like I have been in a fight. On my eye lids and around my mouth I have rash ?excema? it burns... Your story sounds like my story. Can't put any make up on it would burn. My friends say they cannot tell as they get up close to see what I am talking about but I sure can tell when I look. I have a "nice" shade of peach eye shadow! Too bad it's so itchy. This is not the first time I have had this. I have tried in vain to figure it out what food, shampoo, lotion and can never figure it out. This is when I thought I would consider buying the mattress -myessentia- I am just not ok to spend that much money when I have not seen it except on the computer. I do feel it must be the mold with the melting snow as I have not had this this condition for a long time. I do hope it clears up for you soon. :happydance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:06 am 

I have totally give up on make-up! I now wear none. I have been watching my food very closely, and that's why I posted. I only ate what I know I'm not sensitive to, so I was really upset when I woke up in such a bad state.

I have switched to baby shampoo and Aveeno bath products. After a bunch of research, and cross reference with Paula Begoun's ingredient list, I have picked two lotions. Eucerin and Galaxal base. Both a very rich moisturizers, and have very good ingrediants.

I hope this irritant goes away soon for both of us!