Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: First Post :)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:59 pm 

Hello!

I am so happy to have found this site. Just reading through some of the posts has helped us to realize how many people are very successfully dealing with allergies.

I joined because our dd, who is almost 3, has allergies to milk, egg, peanuts and tree nuts (she outgrew soy). This has been a huge learning experience for my dh and I, but we have realized that very few people (outside our small circle of close friends and family that we share information with) really understand some of the challenges that accompany allergies. We actually encountered a problem at our dd's playgroup which is what prompted me to look for an online forum to see if others find themselves in similar situations.

I am looking forward chatting with others who also have to consider allergies on a daily basis.

Mom of Two

me - no allergies

Post subject: Re: First Post :)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:41 pm 

Welcome Mom of Two. Yes, this is a great site with wonderfully knowledgeable and supportive folks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi mom of two, I'm glad you've found us!

This is a very friendly group of people who are dealing with allergies. It's hard to understand how people still don't get it but, for a lot of people, the word allergy means hayfever and sniffles.

Take your time and look around the forum. You can browse by category, search for key words or, click on one of the tabs on the browser to pull up articles on the various topics.

If you have a question or concern and don't see it here, feel free to post it. You're sure to get feed back. Ket us know what works for you as well!

I'll bet you have all sorts of suggestions for those dealing with the soy allergy-congratulations to your daughter on outgrowing that! :happydance

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:59 pm 

Just wanted to say welcome & glad you found us. :)

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:28 pm 

Welcome mom of two! I'm glad you found us too. It's definitely the right place to learn in a very supportive environment. The Allergic Living chat forum has helped our family, and many others. I am so grateful to the people on this board, and for all that we do for each other. Please spend some time looking through the many posts as I'm sure you will find a whole slew of information. And feel free to ask any questions as I'm sure many will chime in with helpful information. Take care!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:20 am 

Thanks everyone!
And yes, Susan, it can be very challenging when a little person is allergic to both milk and soy - but it is not impossible :) I must say, though, outgrowing the soy allergy opens up so many more food options!

me - no allergies

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:31 pm 

WELCOME!!! :huggy
Quote:
but we have realized that very few people (outside our small circle of close friends and family that we share information with) really understand some of the challenges that accompany allergies.

I think that is how we all feel! So glad you found us and I KNOW you will find amazing support, friendship,ideas, recipes, (humor) on this board.
:huggy

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Mom of 2! :popcorn