You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:04 pm 

Yesterday, I did open a thread to discuss alternatives to the "here's your prescription...good-bye approach". It is under "other allergic topics"...if you feel you must delete it, and don't want discussions on alternatives here.

However, I posted a link to info about the vital importance of vitamin c and fruit in ones diet and the important role it plays in "strengthening the capillaries". A lot of the naturopathic ideas I was interested in discussing pertain to the inclusion of vital vitamins and minerals in ones diet through nutrition, and the harmful effects of other foods such as trans-fats and junk foods. I saw in some naturopathic information, that vitamin c was essential for the treatment of eczema as well.

In my opinion, our family has a greater chance of living a healthy life, with allergies under control if we be mindful of what we put in pur bodies...allergens or otherwise.

Husband- asthma, eggs, treenuts, fish, shellfish environmental
Self - penicillan, eurithromiacin, mild laytex allergy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:50 pm 

OK well, I'm sorry I didn't realize that Allergic Living took this stance on alternative medicine. I'm assuming that if my posts crossed the lines, they would have been deleted by now. I meant no offense. I certainly would never say throw out conventional medicine in exchange for an holistic approach, it's all about balance. Also it would be foolish to try a challenge test just because an alternative practioner felt that a person's allergies were cleared, you need to use careful judgement when deciding for or against any treatment or recommendation because as you say, Karen & Gwen, allergies are serious business. I'm disappointed though to hear that there is no official room for alternative discussions, bu this is your board and your rules.