You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:49 am 

My oldest has a milk allergy and it is pretty bad. She went out with her boyfriend and tfour other teen college kids and what not. To see the Pirate movie tonight. When I picked her up her face was red and she was flushed and didn't feel good. :? I am so sick of saying you can't do that. or this or the other to her because of her allergy. A girl sitting next her was eating doritos. That was what she said set it off. But I also started thinking about the nachos, and butter popcorn. :roll: Ug anyone have any ideas???

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:10 am 
Site Admin

I hate nachos and cheesies and any other food with a powdery coatong that contains milk! Think about eating a powdered donut while wearing a black outfit...it's the same thing with nachos.
I would advise your daughter to bring a light sweater and some wetwipes next time. She can slip on the sweater saying she always finds the airconditioning too cold and she can casualy wipe down the armrests.
If one person in the group wants to eat nachos, they swap seats to sit another seat over.
Do her friends know of her allergies? I know one wants to fit in at this age and it's probably not cool to have an allergen but...nothing spoils the moment like an anaphylaxic reaction!
Friends who care, won't put you in compromising positions.
"Friends who care, won't share" - that will be my new motto! :)
(kinda like friends don't let friends drive drunk)

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:51 am 

She was wearing a sweatshirt. The girl that was eating the nachos was not in her group. She offered her doritos and continually was talking. Daughter told her to hush but the girl offered her doritos and roller her eyes.I think next time after reading your post she sould sit in the middle of her group. They all know her allergy because they don't go for pizza because of it.

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:23 pm 

That sounds like one serious milk allergy. It would be difficult to have to avoid going to the movies at that age. I hope sitting in her group helps! And maybe it would be a good idea to wipe down the arms, although at that age I can understand how this might seem embarrassing.