You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:01 pm 

We found lots of options at Pop Century's food court back in May. Ask to speak to a chef and they will let you know exactly what is safe and will prepare your meal in the kitchen for you. We had the soy milk, cereal, waffles (special allergy-friendly mix on a dedicated waffle maker), pasta, veggie stir fry thing, veggie burgers, and more. They even had safe cookies there. They were fantastically accommodating. <3 Disney <3

PS - There were lots of Enjoy Life cookies and chocolates throughout the park, especially at the Sunshine Garden (or whatever it's called) food court in 'The Land' at EPCOT. There were some safe pre-packaged cookies at the bakery too. And loads of fresh fruit and veggies are everywhere and safe. :) Have a wonderful vacation!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:42 pm 

This is such great info!! Thanks! Can't wait to go, hopefully in the next year or so... :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:54 pm 

I find the AllergyEats guide a bit confusing. I entered PA/TN Magic Kingdom, and some restaurants came up, including 'Cosmic Rays', but when I checked their menu, PB&J came up under the kids menu.

I suppose it is more of an allergy aware vs allergy free thing?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:15 pm 

Becky wrote:
I suppose it is more of an allergy aware vs allergy free thing?

Yes, Disney is very allergy aware. Even in places that serve nutty things, like PB&J, we were able to enjoy safe meals everywhere we went! Talk to a chef at any restaurant, kiosk, or counter service place and they can give you ingredient lists and prepare meals separately to prevent cross contamination. If you have more than three allergies or multiple diners with food allergies they may request that you submit a form that will be distributed to every restaurant before you arrive. (People on the dining plan are asked to do this even if they have one or two allergies.)

We did have one close call - long story. The behind the scene tour allergy policies were updated very quickly so it shouldn't happen again. You still have to use common sense, just like anywhere else.