You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Have you ever gone to Sea World with an anaphylactic person?
Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:17 pm
Yes 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:17 pm 

A couple of weeks ago I had emailed Sea World asking them how I can keep my DS1 (age 8 yrs old) safe at their park since he has a peanut allergy. Last week I received a call from the Executive Chef at Sea World. He was extremely nice and very accommodating. He said that due to our DS's allergy he would book our entire 16 person group in to the Shark Underwater Restaurant (usually it's first come, first served for bookings each day). He said that he wanted DS1 to feel safe and like everyone else so he (and I) could truly enjoy our time at Sea World. He is going to make sure that one of the chefs comes out to our table, takes DS1's order (DS1 can order whatever he wants - he can even take different things off of different meals) and the chef follows the order until it arrives on the table in front of DS1 to ensure that it doesn't come into contact with any nuts in the kitchen. He also said that at any time if I didn't feel comfortable with anything to talk to the manager (he gave me her name and ph number) immediately so they can help asap. I'm amazed at how seriously they take food allergies. I just wanted to give praise to Sea World and the extra care they've given my family so far. I'll post when we get back about how it went.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:00 pm 

We just got back from Florida, and we visted the restaurant you are talking about. We ate at the "Shark Encounter" Restaurant. We did not have a reservation, but told them of my son's peanut allergy, and they were extremely accomodating. The chef visited our table prior to us ordering and reviewed the items on the menu that our son could eat, which was almost everything. Minus dessert, and the bread served to the table (prepared in the Seaworld bakery, but no guarentee it did not come into contact with peanut in the process of baking). They do have a fish baked in a peanut crust, but we were assured our meals would be kept far from this.

All in all our meal was great, and my son really enjoyed eating with the sharks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:06 pm 

This is great to know! We're going there in July with my 15 yr old daughter. I'll remember that we should eat there. We've never had a problem in a restaurant, and have eaten out lots, but it sure it nice when they take it seriously like that.