You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Celebrity Cruise line
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:46 pm 

Last March we decided to try a cruise with our children. We called the cruise line to see if this would be possible as my child is allergic to Peanuts, Nuts, Sesame and Pumpkin seeds.

We informed the ship when we booked about the allergies, and then we had to inform them again once we arrived on the ship.

We had a set dinner arrangements. The waiters literally bent over backwards to ensure my daughter's safety. We ordered her meals a day in advance, which the kitchen prepared especially for her.

If she wanted to try a dessert, they made a batch just for her.

My daughter asked if she could try a chocolate croissant. She has only had ones that I have made for her. Not only did they make her one for the following morning, she got a special delivery every morning of chocolate croissants that she could eat.

We had to be careful at breakfast and lunch, speaking to staff at Buffets to find out what would be safe, but to be honest we would definitely consider another cruise on Celebrity.

I do not work for Celebrity or anything involved with the travel industry. I get very excited when we have had positive experiences that I once thought would never be possible.
Rosie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 pm 

Rosie,

I know this is a while since you posted, so hopefully you will see this! We are considering a cruise on Celebrity and so I was glad to see your post. Can you tell me if lunch and breakfast are buffet only, or can you have normal menu with waiter service? Thanks,

Soccermom