You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:24 am 

I recently went to a raptors game at the Air Canada Center, and I was really worried because they sell bags of peanuts literally everywhere. I bought a facemask type thing and antibacterial wipes, but I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game fully. My boyfriend suggested asking someone about Air Canada Center's allergy plans because of how well the Skydome deals with allergies (allergen free section). We went to the INFO desk when you first get inside (before you hand in your tickets). We had got there an hour + early for the game, and so she ran inside to talk to customer service and came back out to tell us that they would provide a list of nut free snacks I could eat, and call up and tell our usher about me.

Eventually we were let inside and we went to the first customer service desk (on floor 1) who radioed ahead to the customer service desk on our floor (floor 3) to tell them we were coming. We got upstairs and they knew who we were, called our usher and informed him about me. When we got to our seats our usher asked what kind of barrier I wanted, and I suggested the people sitting in the five seats below me and the 5 seats on either side. We were smart and got seats in the very back row of our section so we didn't have to worry about stuff falling on us. There were no problems, and we mentioned it to the people sitting around us just in case the usher had forgotten. They all knew about it and totally didn't mind. I wiped my seat down and made sure to keep my hands off my face and to wash them right after.

All in all it was an amazing experience and I hope that it helps spots fans who are leery about going to VERY peanut friendly location to have a safe and enjoyable time. I will absolutely be going back!