You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

I wonder if I can just go to the restaurant there! We'll be in Niagara Falls towards the end of July. :)

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:20 pm 

Yes you can eat at restaurant. Lodge is not an all-inclusive type resort. We also ate at Swiss Chalet and Montanas, and Dennys, which were all very accommodating. At Swiss Chalet my daughter ate Quarter Chicken, baked potato, and lots of buns, and apple pie for dessert. At Montanas my daughter had ribs and salad. Dennys provided fruit cup, hot water for instant oatmeal we brought, and a bowl for cereal and soy milk that we brought.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:27 pm 

Just returned from a two night stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara with hubby, son 13 (with allergies) and daughter 9. Had a great time but it was made even better by their allergy awareness. I contacted them before the trip and got this response:

[i]
Quote:
Good Day Jacqueline,

Great to hear you will be joining us here at the lodge. Here at the lodge the number one priority for us is the safety of our guests. We deal with many allergies daily and handle each with the care necessary to ensure the guest’s safety and that they are getting the meal they are looking for. We recommend that upon arrival you stop by our Antler Shanty Restaurant and meet with our Executive Chef or one of our Sous Chefs to discuss your child’s needs. The chef will discuss the options throughout the lodge and discuss the different offerings we have. We recommend that the majority of meals be taken in our Antler Shanty Restaurant as this is where we have the majority of our chefs working. At the Antler Shanty the chef will review the buffet offerings and steer you clear of any items that might contain the allergens you are concerned with. If there is not enough selection or your child cannot find the foods they might be looking for on our buffet, we will cook for them from scratch and make sure that they have a meal to remember. Wherever you choose to dine, upon arrival let the staff member know that you have a child with a food allergy and we will get the chef involved to ensure the food your child eats is free of any allergens. They will either meet you at your table in our restaurant or at the outlet you are dining at before you order to review ingredients with you.

Please feel free to contact Chef or me with any additional information you may need. Chef Joseph Treneer is copied on this email for your convenience.

We look forward to seeing you here at the lodge.

Kindest Regards,

Joel Gelwarg
Director Food & Beverage
Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls - Voted Top 10 "Best for Families, Canada" by Trip Advisor
3950 Victoria Ave.
Niagara Falls, ON L2E 7M8
Office (905) 353-5607
Cell (416) 989-6642
gelwarg@ripleys.com

"HAVE A GREAT WOLF DAY"
[/i]

When we arrived, we went to the restaurant as directed in Joel's email. It took a bit of time to track down the chef but it was great. He outlined what my son could have in the buffet and offered to cook something for him if needed (my son ended up having pasta made by the chef). For lunch, we ate pizza and my son's pizza was made for him by the sous-chef Eric (or Erik), topped with steak no less (do I sound jealous). Breakfast was supervised by chef Sandy (again awesome).

There were also a couple of people with autistic kids needing a gluten/dairy free diet which was accommodated.

All in all a great experience.

Jacqueline

son - born 1998, allergy to peanut, nuts, sesame, shellfish and kiwi; a bunch of allergies to plants, animals, etc. and asthma
daughter - born 2003, no known allergies