You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Winnipeg
For the 3rd year my family vacationed at Beaches Resort Negril. Absolutely fantastic accommodations for feeding my 7 year old daugher who has dairy, egg, and peanut allergies. They have advanced their precautions in the past years too, posting at every site for kitchen staff to be aware of her allergies.

My daugher ate well and the head chef ensured she could order her choice of food for each meal, and even the pastry chef prepared her desserts for dinner each night.

Big thumbs up.

_________________
7 year old child with dairy, egg, and peanut allergies.
Mould, dust, grass, cats, eczema, asthma


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Beaches - Jamaica
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:32 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Stittsville
Wow, I stayed at Sandals Montego Bay for my honeymoon and always wanted to go as a family to the Beaches Resorts. I never thought they would be that allergy aware. Though I do wonder how they would do with a shellfish allergy. We just went on a Disney Cruise and had a great experience. Its nice that we might be able to do Beaches too.

Thanks

_________________
Jacqueline Labossière-Jager
Stittsville, ON

son - born 1998, allergy to peanut, nuts, sesame, shellfish and kiwi; a bunch of allergies to plants, animals, etc. and asthma
daughter - born 2003, no known allergies


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:52 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 6429
Location: Ottawa
It's great to hear about allergen friendly resorts! :D

_________________
Moderator
Daughter: asthma, allergies to egg, milk, peanuts, tree nuts, most legumes (not soy) & penicillin. Developing hayfever type allergies.
Husband: no allergies
Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:21 am
Posts: 6
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada
Wow, I really want to go on an all inclusive with my son who has egg and nut allergies because it's cheaper than anything else out there it seems. Were you aware of the precautions they took before the trip. So if I'm understanding correctly, for the most part you all ate in the buffet area but the chef made special dishes for you daughter at every meal? Was there extra charges? That's amazing. I wish more resorts would do this sort of thing.

_________________
1 1/2 Year old Son. Anaphylatic: Peanuts, Tree nuts, eggs. Staying away from Shell fish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: beaches info
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Winnipeg
We went to Beaches Resort in Negril, Jamaica (of Sandals chain).

I left the chefs my allergy cookbook so they made baking treats plus meals (ribs, chicken, steak, baked potato, mashed potatoes, hamburgers, hot dogs).

We brought our own soy milk (b/c daughter likes certain brand), hot dog buns, weiners, hamburger buns, cans of soup, treats (just in case).

There is no extra cost. But I did notify the resort before arriving that my daughter has allergies. They stocked up on soy milk. They also said they are getting lots of kids with allergies, and I saw their list that had 3 other kids with food allergies there at same time we were there.

Costs vary, look around. This year we went not during spring break and took Transat instead of Air Canada and it cost us $10,000 for 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 rooms. Costs will vary with room type.

Good luck. I will provide any other info you need. Let me know if you need any other info. The place is so safe, nurse on site, trained child care staff, watchful lifeguards, etc.

_________________
7 year old child with dairy, egg, and peanut allergies.
Mould, dust, grass, cats, eczema, asthma


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 pm
Posts: 1
Rhonda Kelly wrote:
For the 3rd year my family vacationed at Beaches Resort Negril. Absolutely fantastic accommodations for feeding my 7 year old daugher who has dairy, egg, and peanut allergies. They have advanced their precautions in the past years too, posting at every site for kitchen staff to be aware of her allergies.

My daugher ate well and the head chef ensured she could order her choice of food for each meal, and even the pastry chef prepared her desserts for dinner each night.

Big thumbs up.


That is really impressive! I was concerned for my daughter because she is also allergic to peanuts, and may be developing a dairy allergy. Its great to know that there's a resort in Jamaica we can trust because we have been wanting to go there for awhile. :D

_________________
Las Vegas Hotels Palm Springs Hotels


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:08 pm
Posts: 1
LilyN wrote:
Rhonda Kelly wrote:
For the 3rd year my family vacationed at Beaches Resort Negril. Absolutely fantastic accommodations for feeding my 7 year old daugher who has dairy, egg, and peanut allergies. They have advanced their precautions in the past years too, posting at every site for kitchen staff to be aware of her allergies.

My daugher ate well and the head chef ensured she could order her choice of food for each meal, and even the pastry chef prepared her desserts for dinner each night.

Big thumbs up.


That is really impressive! I was concerned for my daughter because she is also allergic to peanuts, and may be developing a dairy allergy. Its great to know that there's a resort in Jamaica we can trust because we have been wanting to go there for awhile. :D

Why are there so many nut allergies these days?????? It must be something in the environment that is causing this!!!!!!!?????? I heard a lot about this at a seminar at the Riviera Hotel Las Vegas. I went with my cousin for a Vegas Party Hotel however we ended up at this seminar. It was so interesting to me! I just don't understand why there are so many nut allergies these days????


Last edited by eroberts on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:37 am
Posts: 1523
Location: Alberta
eroberts wrote:
LilyN wrote:
Rhonda Kelly wrote:
For the 3rd year my family vacationed at Beaches Resort Negril. Absolutely fantastic accommodations for feeding my 7 year old daugher who has dairy, egg, and peanut allergies. They have advanced their precautions in the past years too, posting at every site for kitchen staff to be aware of her allergies.

My daugher ate well and the head chef ensured she could order her choice of food for each meal, and even the pastry chef prepared her desserts for dinner each night.

Big thumbs up.


That is really impressive! I was concerned for my daughter because she is also allergic to peanuts, and may be developing a dairy allergy. Its great to know that there's a resort in Jamaica we can trust because we have been wanting to go there for awhile. :D

Why are there so many nut allergies these days?????? It must be something in the environment that is causing this!!!!!!!?????? It is crazy and scary!
Hi & welcome to the forum eroberts, no, I don't question why so much, as just try to deal with what we deal with by learning and teaching....this is a great place for that. Pleased to meet you.

_________________
Myself - Seasonal, cats
dd-asthma (trigger - flu) anaphylactic to eggs, severe allergies to bugspray and penicilin,pulmicort
ds-Seasonal, cats and OAS
dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group