You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:23 pm 

With our allergist appointment coming up, I am thinking of turning it into a mini vacation. Just wondering if anyone has a hotel recommendation for me? I plan to bring most of our own food, I don't know if I need to have full kitchen facilities but some ammenities would be great. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:56 pm 

I haven't stayed there in years, but the Sheraton Suites Eau Claire is right in the heart of the city, close to the river, and all room are suites - separate bedroom, tiny living room. Some have kitchenettes - can't remember if it was equipped with utensils, etc, but I seem to remember there was at least a sink, microwave & mini-fridge. The zoo / Science Centre / Calgary Tower are all minute away, and the market area is a really fun place to walk around. Probably a little more costly than most hotels in the area.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm 

We stayed at the Delta downtown years ago for a dance competition. I called the chef ahead. He had a loaf of the bread we use ready for us and came to the table personally.

Wherever you stay call the hotel restaurant ahead of time and check what they will do to accomodate your allergies. Also have a fridge in the room. Make sure it is empty and there is no charge for it. Some come stocked with drinks and even food items.

Check reviews on Tripadvisor too. These can be very helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:05 pm 

Thanks for the replies, I lived in Calgary for quite a few years, so know my way around but travelling with an allergic child is a whole 'nother ballgame. I think we will stay at either the Lakeview Signature in or Staybridge Suites, both have full kitchens in all rooms so we can avoid restaurants altogether.