Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: latex and gluten allergy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:37 pm 

Hi Everyone
This is my first post on the forum. I am gluten intolerant and my son Alex, 15 yrs old, is type 1 allergic to latex (main worries and dangers are balloons and latex gloves in food prep)

We are desperately trying to book as holiday to USA but have hit nothing but problems re the latex allergy . Firstly we researched all hotels in Vegas and either got no reply or unsatisfactory ones and then we have been in touch with some cruise companies who say they will prepare his food in different area which is great but why do they use latex gloves in the first place . I ask this because if a member of staff becomes allergic to latex because of the gloves the employer provides the employee can sue. There are safe alternatives that are only cents more thatn the latex ones and do the same job?. Can anyone give me any advice or tell me of their experiences if they have this allergy. I have emailed the support group in US but they don't seem to be able to advise me. We were told that USA was the best place to travel with allergies as you are so aware and also customer service is so important to you.
Hope someone can help
Latex mom