You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Travels to Florida
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:10 am 

I just got back from a week-long vacation in Tampa Bay, Florida. I was really concerned because in my previous travels to Tampa Bay, I always ate at seafood restaurants and in recent months I've been diagnosed with my shellfish allergy so this was going to be my first visit to Tampa with my allergy.

During my trip, I was very pleasantly surprised at how accommodating the restaurants were. For those of you that plan on traveling to the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater Beach area, I can recommend:

-Salt Rock Grill (Indian Rocks Beach, FL)
They have an allergen sheet with all their ingredients and the different allergens contained in the
ingredient and dish. Lots of seafood, but also delicious steaks. My steak was cooked in a
separate spot on the grill where seafood was never cooked. Excellent service too!

-E & E Stakeout Grill (Belleair Bluffs, FL)
I informed the manager upon arrival, who gave the heads up to my waiter. The waiter was aware
and let the kitchen know. The chef prepared my steak on a separate part of the grill and also
removed any sauces/ingredients that may have contained shellfish.

- Brown Boxer Pub & Grille (Clearwater Beach)
I emailed the manager and got a positive response that the Brown Boxer would be accommodating to my allergy. I did not get a chance to eat here though, but on a future visit, I would feel comfortable dining here

- TGI Friday's (Tampa Int'l Airport)
See my post about the TGI Friday's in "Dining out" topic. Good place to go though for those with food allergies

Hope this helps anyone who plans on visiting the area