You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:42 pm 

Has anyone had any recent experience flying with Air Canada? I'm trying to find a flight to Orlando in Feb using my air miles, but the only flight that works for us is Air Canada and we've never flown with them. I just wish the drive wasn't 26 hrs because then I would just drive. I just can't imagine how to keep a 3 year old busy in a car for that long. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:00 am 

We flew on four planes with Air Canada this summer. Each flight the attendants and gate reps were really helpful. As soon as a rep was at the gate I talked with them and they confirmed it was on their manifest --- that took multiple calls to Air Canada to get an agent that would put it on the manifest.

On the first flight where I was the most apprehensive they offered to announce that there was a passenger with severe allergies and did so very respectfully. That matters for a teenager!

I pre-boarded each time and wiped down the area. On one flight that had been delayed the plane had not been cleaned properly so I was doubly glad I had checked it.

Taking a 3 year old's booster seat would really help the situation too!

The attendants said they would not sell the nuts and they even asked if it was okay to serve the free snack that was "May contain tree nuts."

It was clear that it really depends on the flight attendants as they are in charge of the plane. It was only on our 4th plane that the attendant said the pilot wanted to make sure we had an epi-pen. We had four 8) . We learned a lesson though --- don't put them in the compartment up top as one side got hot from the sun. Thankfully we had a mini thermometer with them so we knew they were within the correct range.

I was relieved when they said they do have emergency oxygen as that really helped my daughter when she had her anaphylactic reaction and paramedics gave her oxygen.

Hopefully some of this info helps!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8