You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:36 pm 

Considering their EpiPens aren't available to guests to use, they could only be administered by staff. The medical centre is staffed by doctors and nurses with specialties in paediatrics and emergency care, with several first responder teams and lifeguards, not to mention all staff are trained in first aid and CPR, so I certainly hope someone would administer Epi if needed.

If you have any specific questions, I can certainly ask the medical staff member who wrote back to me! (and share the answers here)

In my case, my husband and I are inseparable whilst on holidays, so I would have someone nearby to administer Epi if I had a reaction. (I quickly become too lethargic to self-administer.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:23 am 

I know we are just heading into the cold weather but I forgot to post how pleased I was using the frio wallet this summer. I could not believe how long it lasted. I found it very easy to over chill though (how many min you leave in a sink of cold water, 2 min makes a difference, note to self don't multi task). That caused it to puff up to the point of having a bit of a time pushing the epi's into the wallet. I was in hot weather for 10 days and was carrying the wallet in a stuffed back pack. In the sun and in a hot vehicle. The only thing I noticed is that it was important to pull it out of back pack every evening to air it out or it started to smell very musty. Also you cannot put it in a zip lock bag as it has to have air flow and though it is not "wet" there is enough moisture in it that it did damage some of my documents I had next to it. I would check it at the end of every day thinking I would have to "re-chill" it but NO. Im sure it could have lasted the full 10 days if I really needed it to but it was best to re-chill about 7 days in. All in all I would highly recommend this wallet.