You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:55 pm 

Sorry. This post has been removed.

Last edited by nightowlmom on Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:36 pm 

Just my opinion -- my focus would be in the present. All we've got is now - so what's good for them now? Things always change on a dime. If you plan for a future that isn't here yet, you could be disappointed because of changes that you were unable to anticipate. Doing what's best for them now takes care of now and you never know, another fantastic option could pop up out of nowhere down the road. I understand your dilemma, and your desire to cover all of your bases, but the future really does take care of itself somehow...just my philosophy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:48 pm 

I agree with Ethansmom - look at keeping your youngest safest for the next 5 yrs. You have 2 years to deal with your eldests anxiety and maybe if she sees her sister is in a supportive environment over this time these anxieties may improve.

As allergies become more common and better understood over the next 5 yrs (we can hope anyway) the middle school may also have to change and improve over this time so that by the time she gets there, it might be a completely different environment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:24 am 
Site Admin

I agree that the immediate future should be the focus. Administrations change as do boundaries. Perhaps some vocal parents will effect a change before you have to cross that bridge.
Perhaps the next few years will alleviate some anxiety and your girls will have better/different coping skills by the time they enter middle school.
You may even be able to send them to the other school even if it isn't the normal way to go.
Good luck with the move! :)

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb