You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:20 am 

I am soon to be single mom, embroiled in divorce from father of my 16 month old. The father has never been part of daily care, never around to witness reactions, has not fed my child, and over last 31/2 months has only spent 5 supervised hours with son. I am trying to get supervised visitation (between my husband and son) - because my husband claims that I am making more out of allergies than they need to be - so I am extremely concerned for my son's safety should he be alone with his father, especially anywhere outside of my home because I've cleared it of all known allergens and some of our preventatives. I need precedence. I can't be the first mom battling with a dad who doesn't believe, despite doctors notes, emergency plan, epi-pens, 911 calls... My ex's rationale - "well only 150-300 deaths a year out of how many reactions? Those aren't bad odds." I am trying to impart seriousness of situation. But everyone is downplaying as 'common childhood food allergies.' Does anyone know of precedence in divorce case where one parent's ignoring of problem was grounds for supervised visitation - at least until my son can communicate with even basic word that something is wrong. Please help. Any and all suggestions - thank you in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:59 am 

I do recall reading posts by another parent that went through this on another allergy board. I don't recall the outcome, but I'll try to find it and send you a link.

What country are you in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:12 am 

I am in Chicago IL in USA - our divorce is in Cook County. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:55 pm 

Denise, I sent you a pm. (Up near the top of the page it should now say you have a message -- click on that.)