You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:39 pm 

Yesterday we were out shopping, and ds was in the stroller. While I stopped to look at some things, he was talking with an older child who was nearby. I started paying attention when I noticed the boy rooting around in his pocket while asking ds something. The next thing I knew, this boy was lunging at ds with some type of candy in his hand. I said "No, he can't have that" as nicely as I could, and quickly turned the stroller away from the mini aggressor. :wink: This kid was somewhat persistent -I even had to put my hand between him and ds b/c he kept trying!

I realize this might all sound kind of weird/paranoid, but I thought I should share it. I know I'm not always completely attentive to ds in the stroller when we're in a store, especially if he's entertained (talking with another child, for example!). I never did see the adult the boy must have been with (he wasn't more than 5, I'd guess).

Anyway, just an odd occurrence I thought was worth mentioning on here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:03 pm 

I agree with you...my sister had her little one in a stroller in a busy area where someone was eating an ice cream cone with the peanut sprinkles on top and the whole thing came right down on the tray of the stroller as the person took a lick! Luckily she was watching, but if she wasn't :shock: ...her son is not allergic that we know of, but she is hypersensitive because of my son. This could have been very serious knowing how quickly little hands grab from their trays!
Ang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:14 pm 

This is when babywearing comes in handy. Nobody comes near Ronan without my awareness. Today it was a ring sling. Right now, hubby has him in a pouch (hotsling).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:52 pm 

I still wear Griffin (aged 2, allergic to peanuts) in my Ergo when we want him up and out of reach safely. This comes in really handy during lots of busy summer events that have food tents, etc. where I don't want to risk him touching anything!