You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:40 pm 

Well i figured i better start thinking about this now. I know many of you post around this topic during this time of year but I still need some advice.

So my son will be turning two right before halloween. He has a 4 year old brother that he adores and is very much in the stage of wanting whatever his brother is eating. We have done a pretty good job so far of giving my older son safe treats that my younger son can also enjoy but packing others in his lunch so as not to deprive him of too many foods.

But my youngest has a pretty extensive list of allergies and I can only imagine how difficult Halloween is going to be for us this year. On one hand he is too young to eat most of the really chewy type candies that might be safe (e.g., starburst) but he is old enough to get that he wants candy like his older brother. So far the only candy he has tried (he isn't even 2 yet for heaven's sake!) is smarties and some safe lollipops I found at the organic grocery store.

But I figured I better start trying to find other alternative as he gets older. Does anyone have any candy suggestions for the dairy, wheat, egg, oat, peanut allergic child? Soy is probably Ok given he seems to tolerate soy yogurt fine (although we are still trying to figure out soy milk).

Thanks in advance!

Me allergy to morphine only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:28 am 

ilovesammy -- don't know if the Hallowe'en thread will address your questions, but bumped it up in case you hadn't already seen it.
http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... 23&start=0
Just so no one is confused: "Smarties" in the US are actually candies called "Rockets" here in Canada (not the Nestle multi-coloured candy coated chocolate).
http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1546