You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:30 pm 

Ok, this morning before our daughter's hockey game I had one of those heart stopping moments. There is a row of windows where you can see into the rink. Our son thank goodness had mittens on as he put both hands up onto the window ledge wanting to see the zamboni. I realized that something was stuck to both mittens, empty recess peanut butter black paper cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the peanut butter goop at the bottom which had stuck them to his mittens. There was no orange wrapper around but just the 3 black paper cups. I grabbed him by both wrists and asked a guy standing nearby to take his mittens off for me. No harm done but it really freaked me out. Then the little man was freaking out because he didn't have mittens on and he loves mittens. I had an extra pair of socks in the car for him which I put on his hands.
You know how cats love to go up to people who don't like cats, I think it is the same with allergies. Who else would step in food, accidentally touch food , fall into food , lean on food , brush up against some sort of food......only those trying to avoid food.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

Oh yes :freak Just wait until he's big enough to place his mouth full on the edge of the grocery belt :frightened

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb