You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:01 pm 

I picked up two Kirkland products at Costco and called the 1-800 number at the back of the bottles to verify no cross-contamination issues and was a bit surprised at what I encountered.
First off -- the number on the back of the two products that were clearly marked as being distributed by "Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd." listed two phone numbers, one for french and one for english -- so I called the english number at 1-800-774-2678 and waited a good 10 minutes to speak to a representative who asked where I purchased the products and upon hearing that I was calling from Canada, told me I had to speak to a Canadian rep. at 1-800-463-3783. OK -- so, they've mislabelled their Canadian products with the American customer service dept. in error. I called the Canadian number given to me, and spoke to a rep who said that he would have to call their buyer who would have to contact their supplier and that it could take a few days for him to get back to me. So I asked if they had allergen information on any of their products at the ready for their consumers and he said that they did not and that they really don't get calls inquiring about allergens! :o
I find it hard to believe that a company as large as Costco does not get calls regarding allergens and I find it really surprising that they, as big as they are, don't have allergen information readily available to their customers upon calling. It's one thing to have a new product and not yet have the info on that product, but to not have any allergen information for any of their Kirkland products baffles me...
Has anyone else called about Kirkland products? What did you experience?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:02 pm 

I haven't, but I do have a contact that I might be able to ask. I'll forward him your query and see what he says.

Very surprising, I agree.

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:32 pm 

Thanks Karen :)
I hope the rep I spoke to is either mistaken or misinformed...we'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:01 am 

I called a couple months back about some pecans. They had no peanut traces warning, so I was optimistic that they would be okay. When I called with the product number, the agent said she would have to look into things. I forget how long it was, but she called back (maybe about 3 days later) to say they were processed/packaged (I forget) in a factory that also had peanuts.

All in all, it wasn't the most satisfactory experience. I expected more from a company as large as Costco.

*Self: allergic to penicillin