You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:07 am 

I was told by a nutritionnist long time ago, that the ingredient "spice" our "spices" or "seasonmom", without a list of what's in it...means taht most of the time it contains nuts, sesame and other such food to accentuate flavour....

She told me to stay away from foods just stating "spices" or "seasonning" because of my peanut, nut intolerance...

Allergic: Sulfas, dustmites, lobster, oat. Intolerant: nuts, peanuts, pine nuts, soy, rice, apples, bovine protein, sesame seeds, green peas, corn, legumes, beef, tapioca, xanthane, guar vegetable coating or gel caps, sulfites. Sensitive to acidic foods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:25 am 
Site Admin

Mushrooms are on the precaution list as the compost material there are grown in may contain nut shells and husks. This is more of a problem in the USA, but who knows where the soup companies get their ingredients.

See the thread below.
http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2571

I wonder if this is causinng the problems?

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:41 pm 

Quote:
For the final semi-valid complaint, there is the fact that much of the mushroom compost conntains synthetic fertilizer.

It's probably some additive from the algae family. Whatever it is, it changes the good taste of mushrooms. I can no longer eat mushrooms because of that. :( My list is getting long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:20 pm 

I have had problems with all 'cream of whatever' soup from cambell
My son always told me he hated mushrooms. when he was older i realized the soup made him feel sick, not that he didn't like mushrooms... being 5 or 6 he articulated it that way. years later he loves mushrooms and steak and has never had a problem. Now that he's older he recently told me his throat was itchy after having cream of celery soup.
Right away I was suspicious. .
I wanted to give Cambells a heads up. In my gut I just know. and I feel bad for any mom who is trying to figure out what's going on with their child. he's also allergic to fish so I really didn't know which ingredient was in there.

my 17 year old son has a peanut and fresh water fish allergy. he cannot eat peas. we've known since he was two and a half. he was a premie and was given soy milk. he's had the pen 4 times. he was very close to dying once.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:39 pm 

Sounds like she allergic to wheat. Have you have her tested for wheat allergies? Before I found out I had celiac disease (allergic to wheat oats barley and rye) I itched a lot on my ankles and fingers.