You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:26 am 

Lisa, I looked at the Ice cream and I realize that typing the ingredients was gooing to be long, since I did not want it to melt because there was more ingredient than I thought.

I can tell you this though: I have Vanilla, Maple Twirl and Butterscotch ripple in my freezer and none of them contain Cane sugar. It's glucose-fructore, brown sugar, maple syrup and corn syrup from what I could understand was sugar. I can find their ingredients on their website though. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:41 am 

That's okay--I can check out the ingredients the next time I go to the grocery store. I wouldn't want your ice cream to melt on you :) I'm okay with brown sugar (as I imagine this would be cane sugar) and maple syrup. I'm hesitant to eat products containing corn, though. I'm not *that* allergic to corn that I need to avoid glucose-fructose and other corn-derived sugars, but still, I am allergic, and corn sugars do contain corn protein. Then there is the question about mono and diglycerides and soy. Reading ingredients labels has become so tricky that I've just sidestepped the whole problem by buying things without long lists of ingredients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:19 pm 

Peanut Free Ice-Cream
Hi everyone, just thought I would let you know that in the Maritimes, Scotsburn Ice Cream has the above ice cream in three flavours. Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry. containers have written around the lid - Peanut Free.