You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: peanut free dog food
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:54 pm 

:? does anybody know if science diet dog food has peanuts in it just got 8 week old puppy from humane society and my 2 year old daughter broke out a little bit to night dont wont to have to get rid of dog if this is goning to be a problem may have to but do not wont to any help would be nice we are very new to this and it scares the heck out of me and my wife please any help would be nice thank you very much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:23 am 

Sorry - no idea, but see http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1461 for some other ideas.

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Here's the manufacturer's site: http://www.hillspet.com

I'd suggest looking for their contact info and asking about the ingredients.

Peanut is in dog biscuits more often than in the food.
Do you know if she's allergic to soy in addition to peanut? That's more common in the food.

One other concern might be (if she hasn't been tested by an allergist): is she allergic to dog dander?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:53 pm 

I was also wondering about the dog itself. My youngest is highly allergic to dogs (and cats) along with his food allergies.

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:29 pm 

I know she is not allergic to soy and we stoped giving the dog cookies for now and we changed her dog food to royal canine and have had no problems since. thanks for every bodys help. me and my wife found out how seriouse peanut allergies realy are after having are last kid i dont think people realy think its that serious i talk to alot of people at work and they all are in aww of what you have to do with an allergy like this we have been to the emergency room about six times with her already and she is only 2 years old thanks for all your help and conerns everybody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:51 am 

Glad to hear your daughter is okay with the puppy on Royal Canin. That's what we feed our dog too.

For treats we give her pieces of plain rice cakes. They're good for training, safe, healthy and much cheaper than most dog treats.

Self - Allergic to housework only