You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:01 am 

We are helping my oldest son move to Ottawa and we were given the date on very quick notice. We are moving him to Ottawa on Thursday if weather permitting. I was wondering if anyone knows of any places that I could take my youngest for a treat. We are dealing with a severe peanut allergy. (peanut-free bakery, donut shop, ice cream shop etc...)

thanks
Joelle
child with PA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:14 pm 

The only place I can think of is Booster Juice ( http://www.boosterjuice.com/Location_Pa ... sp#Ontario ) or Starbucks if you only buy him a drink. That is what I do with my kids when we go to the Pinecrest Chapters.

As I said in my PM, I'm asking my local support group members and will post back if anything interesting comes up.

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:33 pm 

Someone else mentioned this to me:

"My DH and son go to one of those frozen yogourt places where they do smoothies too. They will wash a blender right then and there for him to remove the dairy protein [her son is allergic to dairy] and then make a smoothie with frozen fruit and juice only. I don’t know the name of these places but they are common in malls. It might be a little cheaper than Booster Juice."

K.

Post subject: Moving to Ottawa
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:35 pm 

Yes, I know of a nut-free cake and cookie shop called the Cake Shop. It is at 250 Greenbank Rd (roughly at Hunt Club). They also offer cakes that are wheat/dairy/egg free also. It is not an eat-in place (take out only). Phone # is 613-721-9062. I hope I have been of some help. Kathy C

Post subject: We went to the Cake Shop
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:14 pm 

Hey Kathy,

We went to the the Cake Shop and what a wonderful experience for my 10 year old son. I was so pleased!! My 10 year old son helped move his brother into a second storey of house and had worked really hard. It was really nice to be able to take him for a treat after all of his efforts!! The service was amazing as well from the staff..

Post subject: Went to the Cake Shop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:35 pm 

Hi,

I took my daughter to the Cake Shop and it was an exciting experience. She is only 4 years old and was so excited that there was somewhere she could go to have cookies that were nut free. Thanks for the info, it was so exciting to see the joy on her face when I told her that she could have anything she wanted!!!
Thanks for providing the information.
Karen