Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: sad but true stories
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:36 pm 

this is a true story none of this is a lie

ok so you know how when you are in grade 1 and you get invited to every kids birthday party? well that happened to me. Then when i got there the parents didn't know what to feed me and my parents told them what i eat (which is almost nothing). So i go to school and every then learns about my allergy and then the next year in grade 2 partys start to happen and nobody is talking about them. i wonder why, so i go up to by best friend and ask her why that haooens. And she tells that because of my allergy that i don't get invited. that breaks my heart. think about it you are 5 years old and every one you know is getting invited to partys and you aren't. it just about kills you on the inside. But i grew up with a peanut allergy and it wasn't a big thing like one or two people had it.

I have another story

I was a little older now around 11 or 12. i was at my friends open house party and i was talking to a man who said "I don't care i will send my child to school with a peanut butter sandwhich!". i look at him stand up and i say to him "ok so if i was a parent and i sent my child to school with a gun you would be ok with that? because that is the exactly the same because that peanut butter could kill me!" and i walked out of there as fast as i could. So the next day i get a call from him and he says to me "I thought about what you said and i will never send my child with peanut butter to school. and i am also telling my friends about you and what you said to me". and if i could change one man then the rest of you who ever reads this can change a friend.

All is true

Last edited by Peacefrog187 on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:30 pm 

My daughter has a milk allergy. She missed more then half the youth events last year because there was pizza involved. She couldn't go to friends houses for parties because they would have pizza. They all know about her allergy they just didn't think about it. The parent youth volleyball game she missed because they ordered pizza. I was there when they panned it and even asked if they could do fried chicken or somthing different.

Somtimes you just have to blow it off best you can and get on with life.

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.