You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:48 am 

Why do they have to be almost in or near every food?my son has a severe allergy i hate peanuts for what they can do,i do not have an allergy but i cannot stand the smell of them,sympathy pains??my sons' first trip to the hospital was eating a popsicle 4 hours prior!!i never read the box assuming a popsicle would never have peanuts in it,the incredible guilt and stupidity i feel,i will never forget.Are peanuts in such a demand that they infiltrate almost every food?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:00 pm 

Apparently, the answer is yes. Since they are cheap, people eat them.

I have the same problem and I read everything, but I'm nuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:02 pm 

I totally hear you. I hate that many products say may contain. URGH how frustrating. I am hoping that with the rise of peanut/nut allergies more companies will offer peanut free products, such as chapmans and dare do.
Shelley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:13 pm 

Since my anaphylaxis to even the smell of fish, I feel like fish are taking over the world with the new trend that says you should eat fish more often... :evil: ... and when I eat peanuts or nuts, I wash my hands up to the elbows to make sure I don't cause a reaction in someone around me...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:05 pm 

Keep an eye out for "Arachidic Acid it is also "Peanut". I became aware of t that from some one else on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:01 pm 

Mylène wrote:
Since my anaphylaxis to even the smell of fish, I feel like fish are taking over the world with the new trend that says you should eat fish more often... :evil: ... and when I eat peanuts or nuts, I wash my hands up to the elbows to make sure I don't cause a reaction in someone around me...

I've become like that with foods known to be highly allergenic to other people.

A few years ago we were driving home from PEI and we stopped at a picnic table to eat our lunch. Cold lobster. It was actually my husband who said "what if someone with a fish allergy stops here later today?" We were in the middle of no-where. So, we covered everything really well with plastic so that all out mess was easily removable. When we were done, we wrapped it all up and tied it in a bag so that there would be less risk to anyone throwing out their own garbage.

Strange how your own allergies effect the way you think about lots of things. Well, I guess it's not really all that strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:49 am 

Beeing allergic make your more sensitive to other people's health problem because you know what it's like to have to deal with yours.