You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:45 pm 

for Easter?? I know Nestle is ok but Im bored with the Kit Kat, Aero and Coffee Crisp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:19 pm 

I saw the easter candy from Les Chocolates Vadeboncoeur. They have: DORA the Explorer, a hockey playing rabbit, SPONGEBOB, and BLUE'S CLUES.
It is a peanut-free company located in Canada.

I have seen these in Zellers and Shoppers Drug Mart. (Zellers was cheaper.)

They also have little bite size chocolates - solid or caramel filled and shaped like bunnies. And at Halloween - they have skulls with green slime in them. Yum! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:13 pm 

We got the Dora chocolate at Walmart in the Easter section. I believe it says on the package made in a completely nut/peanut free facility. We are also doing jelly beans in eggs for our ds to find.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:03 pm 

My neighbour just brought some over and they are YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the info!
H/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:50 pm 

It's Valboncoeur, made here in Quebec. I'M not a fan of chocolate but they guarantee it's peanut free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:55 pm 

If they are available in your area, check out Regal Chocolate and Jean Talon Chocolates. They also produce seasonal chocolate (Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day) and practice strict control in their facilities. Its nice to know some companies care.

Post subject: Kinnerton
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:30 am 

There is a company in the UK called Kinnerton that does specialty stuff for holidays and occassions. I am not sure if their products are available in Canada or the US, but they do have a website at www.kinnerton.com you can check out. I have found their stuff here in the UAE where I live, so obviously they ship out of the UK. They have fun little package theme things for little kids like spiderman stuff, or Shrek stuff, or Tweenies, or the Simpsons....they're worth checking out. If it weren't for this company shipping here, we would have nothing for chocolate treats as no US or Canadian nut free companies ship here.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:02 pm 

If you want to order Canadian chocolates check out this site www.canadiansweets.com . They do have a page specific for *allergy free* but, I think they actually have some peanut-free stuff available to order that is not on that page. For instance, they do sell Kinder-Surprise and it is not on that page, but I've contacted the company and feel safe eating it.

Post subject: For easter
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:41 pm 
Well for easter i got all this hallow ch. and a ch. SPONGEBOB i love spongebob. At Halloween i get to trade all my peanut stuff and it is really fun :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:09 pm 

Hi everyone!
Vadeboncoeur has chocolate for those with peanut and nut allergies, however the chocolate is so so. I did find a another source on the internet and ordered from them. They are a bit pricey, but the chocolate was great. Visit www.vermontnutfree.com

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:05 am 

I was perusing the topic on nut free chocolate manufacturers. I would like to share that I discovered Nicole's Specialty Chocolates in Calgary Alberta last year. They produce gourmet chocolates in a nut free factory, things like truffles and gourmet chocolate in holiday themed molds. You can mail order things for gifts, which is what I did last year as a Xmas gift for my nut-allergic daughter. She was in heaven, and for a while didn't think she could go back to "regular chocolate". Luckily, the memory has faded and she has returned to Nestle (much cheaper). They also had white chocolate items which I ordered for my nut-allergic son who doesn't like milk chocolate!

They were of course more expensive but worth it for the peace of mind.

It appears the website is under construction as of today. But google Nicole's Specialty Chocolate or email Barb Stehr @ info@nutfree.ca or nutfree@telus.net. I'm sorry but it's been a year since my contact with her, so don't have anything more up to date. I have some phone numbers also (1-866-247-9662) or (403) 247-9662.

The boxed gifts were a a real treat!!

Selina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:25 pm 

I'm in the USA and we have additional allergies (d, e, p, t and sesame) and we use Ms. Roben's chocolate chips (you can get them on her web site--foodallergygrocer.com or something like that. Also, we use Enjoy Life Chips and also we love Amanda's Own Confections chocolates.

Vermont Nut-free Chocolates are nut-free as well but we don't use them as they use some dairy and egg products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:00 am 

Also check out Twin Cove Confections ( http://www.twincoveconfections.com/ ) - a Canadian online company that has peanut/nut-free chocolates.

From their Allergy Info page at http://www.twincoveconfections.com/allergy.htm :

Quote:
Due to allergies, there are no peanuts or nuts (excluding coconut) used in any of our products, nor any nut contact in our facility. Our two younger sisters have anaphylactic allergies to nuts, and our children have various other allergies, so we are well informed and experienced in this field.

I've bought stuff from them in the past and it's very good and nicely packaged. You can ask to be put on their mailing list and they will send you occasional updates.

K.