You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Best experience
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:08 am 

What was your best dining out experience, what made it so great?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:19 am 

My son is allergic to nuts and we had our best dining experience at Milestones in Yaletown in Vancouver. I told the waitress right away before we ordered about my son's allergies. She asked if it was an anaphylactic allergy, which showed she had some experience with the subject and then told me the foods that would probably be safe but that she would check with the chef. He came out, shook our hands, asked again who had the allergy and what the allergy was and then told us exactly what would be safe. It was the first time at a restaurant that I actually relaxed to eat my meal because I felt that there were other people that were taking my son's life as seriously as I was. I will definetly go there again and I tell everyone how professional and helpful they were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:11 pm 

Wow! That is a great experience! Next time my Family and I travel down to Vancouver we're definitaly going there! Where abouts is it located? Downtown?
Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:40 pm 

Is it this place, Brenda? They seem to be a chain. Could be good to know! Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:17 am 

I also ate at the Milestones Restaurant in Hamilton Ontario, and it was the safest most comfortable restaurant experience I can remember. I told the server my very long list of food allergies and she tried to help me find something on the menu that I could eat. Ultimately she said she wanted to check with the chef because it appeared I was allergic to an ingredient in just about everything on the menu. In the end the chef offered to make up a pasta recipe that was not on the menu so that he could be sure that I would be OK. It wasn't the best pasta I ever had, but it was pretty good and I was quite confident I would not get sick.

Beth