You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:02 pm 

So we decided to venture out to our local Chuck E Cheese. Of course I called ahead to double check (but we had been there before for a b-day party and I had called then to check it out) I spoke to the manager who proceeded to tell me "...we are nut free because if we weren't we would be out of business...you're not the only one..." he then went on to tell me that nothing there had any nuts in it at all and that they make their pizza on site from scratch so they were "nut free...well except for the cinnamon icing and some of the desserts may be made in a factory that has nuts" so I went into "education mode" and tried to explain that they are not "nut free" then but rather "nut aware" with their pizzas etc, etc,...silence on the other end.
It is just amazing to me (and frustrating) at the careless use of the words "nut free" from companies and just how dangerous it can be to make such a statement without being specific...what if I hadn't questioned any further (which of course us allergy "nuts" would never do!!! :wink: ) and decided to feed my son dessert since the manager said they were "nut free"...I guess it comes down to the lack of education around allergies...sometimes it just gets so tiring to constantly have to be "on"....
Ang