You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

We just had a 4 yearold's birthday party at Cosmic Adventures! It is a peanut-free facilty that als hosts birthdays. As our new home is more like a construction site, we opted to take the kids there.
All cakes are dairy-free and for $10.00 you can order an egg-free cake. It is made on separate pans with separate utensils. It comes in chocoate, vanilla or half-n-half.
She loved it. Her friends loved it. I didn't have to cook, clean or decorate and I loved it.
I normally woudn't spend the money like this but as she is having to live with sub-floors and just gave up her previous daycare provider I felt I had to do something for her.
:)
http://cosmicadventures.ca/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:44 pm 

Last October we took a drive up to Ottawa to visit the in-laws over thanksgiving. My sister in-law suggested taking the kids to Cosmic Adventures. I was SSSSssoooo delighted that such a place existed!!! :D My son is allergic to peanuts/treenuts and I feel he misses out on so many things because of his allergy - especially when we travel. I applaude Cosmic Adventures and hope that one opens (or something like it) in my area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:56 pm 

I've just been in touch with them too because my DD was invited to a party and the parent's were thinking of going there. I was thrilled with their response. I originally emailed since it was after hours and someone emailed me back asking for my number and someone actually called me today.

They were great. Read all the ingredients for the foods I was curious about and they also said that if someone has multiple allergies like DD that they do make acceptions and would allow us to bring in our own foods if I wasn't comfortable they just need to know ahead of time. I thought that was great too - especially since it can be hard to avoid so many allergens.

Unfortunatly I think the party hosts have decided to change locations :( I would have loved to go there - especially since we'd be coming in from out of town. Does anyone know if Kids Zone is as good?

2 yr old DS -no known allergies!