You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 am 

We're going for a drive sometime before school starts to have lunch at Zero 8. :swing I see they have fries on the menu now so the boy should be happy. I asked about ketchup (the boy can't eat fries without ketchup ...actually he eats ketchup with a few fries on the side :lol:). I need to be sure he is happy so that he will still so I can eat!! They do have ketchup but they make their own to confirm no trace of mustard. From that I take it they are now mustard free also.
I couldn't agree with Rhonda Kelly more, their food is awesome for everyone but the allergic community in particular needs to remember to support such businesses.
We are looking for a plug in cooler for our vehicle, if we get one in time maybe I'll buy a couple frozen items from them to bring home and see how they cook up.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Andrea.
I'm going to give the takeout a shot.

Michelle, best with your Zero8 outing. Sounds fun.

Gwen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:01 am 

We have been several times to Zero8 in Montreal. Absolutely fantastic. Food, decor, service and also located on trendy St. Denis street. Nice combination of basic meals thay my kids prefer and "grown up" meals for us. Went there last night for a family birthday party. The kids had their usual chicken penne with fries on the side. We had a terrine de fois gras and carrot/ginger soup for entrees and then lamb cutlets for mains. Even a good wine list and gluten free beer ! They also have frozen meals available for sale or for fedex delivery anywhere in Canada. I realize that this may sound like an advertisement, but it is so refreshing to go there. Proof that a restaurant can deliver fine cuisine without the allergens/gluten. I hope that the community continues to support them.

LB
--
Daughter - 12 - allergic to peanuts, nuts, soy, sesame, egg, lentils
Son - 8 - allergic eggs and soy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:08 am 

Now I'm jealous. :mrgreen: We could definitely use them here, as I'm less allergic to them, then I am Vegan Raw foodist restaurant, The Ecopolitan. :rofl The Ecopolitan's menu is over half Mustard Family. I'm going to save my money and some day, I'll go to Montreal and eat there.

Asthma, SHF, GF, EF, Allergic: Meat, Poultry, Laurel, Mustard, Gras, Mallow, Plantain, Flacourtia, Pine family; ETOH, Vinegars, CremeTartar, Cucumbrs, Fenugrk, Most of Lily, Myrtle, Parsley, Nightshade, Composite familys. Pomgrante, Litchi, Starfrt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:09 am 
Site Admin

I beleive they ship to anywhere in Canada.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:12 pm 

_Susan_ wrote:
I beleive they ship to anywhere in Canada.

I'd have to get an address near the Minnesota border and drive the 9 hours to get there. Too expensive. :lol: Someday, I'll be able to afford a vacation there, and when I do, I'll post here my review. Just give it a few years, unless I meet a "rich" guy next year. :rofl

Asthma, SHF, GF, EF, Allergic: Meat, Poultry, Laurel, Mustard, Gras, Mallow, Plantain, Flacourtia, Pine family; ETOH, Vinegars, CremeTartar, Cucumbrs, Fenugrk, Most of Lily, Myrtle, Parsley, Nightshade, Composite familys. Pomgrante, Litchi, Starfrt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:51 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry - I didn't notice you're in the USA.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:08 pm 

Went to Montreal last week....ate at Zero 8! :banana Can I just say I love this place!! :happydance The food not only tastes incredible but is just so beautifully plated . Dominique (owner) hasn't seen or heard from our family in 2 years, I walked in (no phone call ahead) right when they opened for dinner and he not only remembered our family but remembered my first name!!!!!!!! I got an awesome pic of Dominique with DS and the waiter seeing me take pics of DD and DS even said he realized how big a moment this was and asked if I'd like him to take a pic of our entire family together at the table. DS was so happy that he kept 'cheering' with his glass of water. And on the way home (creating allergy mom tears) he pipes up from the back seat "thank you mommy daddy, thank you taking me my allergy restaurant". :huggy

So Zero 8...thank you! :happydance

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

What a nice story!

:huggy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 pm 

BC2007 wrote:
"thank you mommy daddy, thank you taking me my allergy restaurant". :huggy

:happydance That is simply awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:50 pm 

Sadly Zero 8 had to close, but don't fear - they are currently hoping to raise funds to re-open (and perhaps open more locations in Quebec and Ontario).

For all of the details on how you can help - check out

http://zero8.com/index.php/en/

Fingers crossed we can get them back :)