You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:42 pm 

My daughter is allergic to tree nuts and shellfish. We have dined at St Huberts many times without a problem, and they assured us that they do not have shellfish or nuts on their premises. And if you are in Ottawa, the one on St. Laurent Blvd even has a children's playplace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:27 am 

Love St-Hubert, miss St-Hubert!!! (Ex-Montrealer). :D

Self - Allergic to housework only

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:58 pm 

We've been quite adventurous this past week. This afternoon we attempted to eat out in a restaurant (have only tried Boston Pizza) we decided after calling first to go to St. Hubert's. It was a great experience. I called ahead and there is no shellfish or fish at all in the restaurant. A woman went over many things on the phone with me and I asked if it was a good time to come down to eat. Their allergy binder is very clear and the server was well versed in allergens.
I had written all our DS's allergies on a piece of paper and the server gave it to the kitchen and his meal was marked with an allergy alert. It turns out he could actually eat quite a few things there .....if the boy would actually eat :roll: . He loved his fries and the server even let me know that the Heinz ketchup bottles were not refilled but recycled and replaced when empty. Being squeeze bottles she also let me know people can't stick knives etc. into them as you can with old school bottles. We had a wonderful meal and to top it off they serve two different Guardian Angel desserts. The chocolate berry muffins were amazing. :D

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:42 pm 

I LOVE St. Hubert, they are so good with allergies there, so aware and I feel safe with them preparing my daughters food (as safe as could feel I guess).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:33 pm 

I sent their head office a thank you email and received a great one back. They said that they really try to listen to what customers have to say and suggest (other issues and regarding allergies). I was told they work hard to make changes accordingly to customer comments and that positive feedback helps them know that they are achieving their goals.
I really like companies which are proud of what they do because it shows through in their service/product (food) etc..

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

We're going to have to try St. Hubert! :banana

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb