You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: 5 Guys Burgers and Fries
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:18 pm 

Just wanted everyone to know that 5 Guys Burgers and Fries uses peanut oil in their deep fryer, and has bowls of peanuts on their counters for people to snack on. I have not been to one of their restaurants, their website says that they presence of peanuts is clearly marked before entering.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:51 pm 

I've never been either, but that's good they post it. I've always thought Orange Julius should have a big sign at their place about eggs in their juice. I never thought eggs would be in a juice....awareness is a good thing. There is a really cool bar in Montana called "Mooses" They serve peanuts by the bucketful there and patrons shell them on the floor. That was a long time ago - 80's, don't know if they still do. Also, they had one of those "moose calling horns" that you blow and it gives you a shot of flour in the face. :frightened Scary now that I'm aware of allergies.

Michele

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:33 pm 

Jack Astors use to have peanuts in the lounge (& possibly on the tables), not sure if they still do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:31 am 

Pizza Luce`s has peanuts on their menu too. I don't have an Peanut allergy, so can't testify to how good they are at not cross-contaminating with nuts, but I do know that they are very good with Vegans and GF. Their dough is strict GF, Dairy free. So, I'd still beware.

Asthma, SHF, GF, EF, Allergic: Meat, Poultry, Laurel, Mustard, Gras, Mallow, Plantain, Flacourtia, Pine family; ETOH, Vinegars, CremeTartar, Cucumbrs, Fenugrk, Most of Lily, Myrtle, Parsley, Nightshade, Composite familys. Pomgrante, Litchi, Starfrt