You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:28 am 

I wanted to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and I had emailed in advance asking for allergen info. Below is the response I received and links to their allergen guides.

Quote:
Thank you for your request. Attached is our Allergen Reference Sheet, Sauce Nutritional information for your review. Please note the preparation process below for the fried items in regards to the crossover of food. The Naked chicken tenders do not contain any allergens and may be a good option. The seasoning applied at the time of cooking does contain Soy. You can speak with the manager at the location to see if they can avoid this step for you.

Preparation Processes:
- Our Traditional Wings are a fresh chicken product that we deep fry at 350'F and shake in the sauce of choice.
- Our Boneless Wings are a breaded chicken product that is also fried at 350'F and then shook in the sauce of choice. The same container is used to sauce the boneless and the traditional wings.

- Our grilled chicken products and burger products are cooked on a 550'F char broiler, a grill seasoning is applied at the time of cooking the seasoning does contain Dairy and Soy. The Burgers do contain gluten.

- Our Tortilla chips are fried fresh in the restaurant.

As a note, in the preparation process of all our fried items we do not segregate individual product into separate fryers when they are cooked so there is the potential of crossover of fried items and oil in the fryers.
This includes our fish, shrimp, potato products, chips, chicken (breaded and traditional wings), All Started and Sides (mozzarella sticks, mushrooms, dippers, onion rings, corn dogs)

In regards to the frying oil, we use a Beef Tallow Shortening from Cargill to fry all of our products.
The Shortening ingredient Statement Lists: Deodorized Beef Tallow, BHT and Citric Acid (to protect flavor), Dimethylpolysiloxane (added as a stabilizer).

We hope you find this information helpful.

Buffalo Wild Wings - Research and Development

5500 Wayzata Blvd Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55416

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... buaCrgTVYw

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... _T1w&pli=1

Hope everyone can find this information useful. I found the manager at the location I went to was very helpful in answering questions and the waitress was very reassuring that what I ordered wouldn't be contaminated.