You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Lone Star Texas Grill
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:34 am 

I went to the one in my neighbourhood and I was really impressed how allergy-aware they were. They have a great kids' menu and they even have a note about allergies. On the kids' menu (the place mat), there is a drawing of a peanut next to the drawing of the kids' dessert (ice cream with chocolate sauce) and the note says to tell your waiter about any allergies. When we mentioned my son's peanut/nut allergy, the waiter immediately sent over the manager who came over to speak to us and explain all the foods. And they use only Chapman's ice cream so the kids can have a safe dessert. :D And the big plus is... the food there is really great.

It's really encouraging to see restaurants making the effort to cater to allergic individuals. The more waiters, kitchen staff, etc are aware the better.

http://www.lonestartexasgrill.com/

Last edited by Storm on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:41 pm 

Wow, that's great!!! I wish every restaurant was like that! We went to an ABC Restaurant here in Vancouver, only with older dd who is non-allergic, but I noticed they have a big disclaimer right on the menu saying that they cannot be held responsible for any allergic type reactions!!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:42 pm 

When you make a mistake with allergies, it's a simple mistake, but when a restaurant makes it, they are negligent... interesting perspective :roll: . I don't wonder why their put it right on the menu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:13 pm 

They're covering their butts for sure, but seeing that made me never want to bring my allergic daughter there and even attempt getting them to make something. It gave me the impression that somebody already did ask and they screwed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:33 am 

I'm not sure what good identifying peanut on the menu is--every Lone Star I've been in has open bins of peanuts and the staff encourages folks to toss the shells on the floor. They're the basic "appetizer" for folks to gnosh on while waiting for real food.

ygg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:21 am 

This is a Canadian chain of restaurants so perhaps the one you are thinking of is different. I see you are from the US. Lone Star Texas Grill never had peanuts all over the place, as far as I can remember.

I remember Montana's used to have shelled peanuts everywhere but I think they stopped doing that.